
It was the summer of 2002, and I had finally accepted the fact that I needed to return to Findhorn for what is called “Experience Week”. I was skeptical but excited at the same time knowing that my connection with the Nature Spirits had been recognized by both them and I, and they expected me to fulfill the task of telling the world just why they existed. I knew that I didn’t want to come off as “airy fairy” because that was not the purpose of the book, but instead to let the world know about the essence of each being in their world. This, of course, could never happen because there is no way I could channel all the different beings in Nature, which would be impossible in this lifetime.
Of course, the Conversation with Axel would have to be the first passage in the book but other than that I had no idea where to begin.
Before I go any farther, let me better explain a little more about Findhorn. Located near Inverness, Scotland in The Moray Firth, it sits right along side a huge Royal Air Force base. This is a most extreme example of a juxtaposition of opposite worlds.
The Findhorn community began and continues today under the guidance of The Elemental Kingdom or as most of us know them, The Nature Spirits. Since the beginning, the Nature Spirits have taught the Findhorn residents everything they needed to know about their world, working together to produce what they need to survive. There are many books written about the community if you are interested in finding out more about the history of Findhorn. For now I just want to touch on what I learned there.
Not knowing what to expect, but obviously on the right path, I began my Experience Week. What an experience it was! If you have ever wondered at all about the existence of any kind of nature spirit at all, this is the place for you. Not only did they help me connect with the Elemental Kingdom but also to see what purpose I had in my world as well. People of all ages and from all walks of life live, work, and learn together by “tuning in” to the voices of Nature. It was an amazing and yes, life altering experience that made me more confident that I had chosen the right road when I decided to work with The Nature Spirits. What I had never noticed before suddenly became quite clear and the voices that spoke to me made much more sense.
The Stones, which are also a part of the Elemental’s world, led me here, I am sure. I am convinced more and more everyday that nothing happens by coincidence; everything is somehow planned. Through a series of twisted roads I finally found myself here. Why? Because this is where I needed to be. I had certainly changed my mind about Findhorn. It no longer became that hippie community that started back in the early 60’s but instead became the doorway to a world that is open to us all. I just never had the key and now I do….in fact, we all do.
I didn’t have much time to do much channeling while I was there. Realizing that I could and learning to connect to Nature itself was enough.
After the summer, I returned home and started to receive more readings from the Nature Spirits in my area. However I did manage to do my first one at Findhorn in front of Cluny College where I stayed during Experience Week.
Sitting out on the grass and looking out over the hills spread in front of me, I couldn’t help but notice the lovely scent of the lavender blooming nearby. It made me think of how even after the harshest winters here in Scotland, the lavender still returns every year. It comes back just as beautiful and as fragrant as it probably has forever. It made me wonder if our lives are somehow connected in the same way.
It was at the height of its season; beautiful, soft and of course inviting me to have a chat… so what else could I do?
* * * * *
Lavender, Findhorn, summer 2002The lavender awakens each year and with its awakening comes the renewal of life.
Fragrant, and soft to touch, the bitterness of the past winter ends and fragrance becomes reality, once again.
Needful lessons erupt as before and thus is life as it arises upon this plane.
As each in their own time becomes one with all things, thus they remember as the lavender, the distances erupting into life… awakened as before, new, yet ancient.
As the lavender, so does each person become again as before.
Their fragrance erupts as life and with it, gives each person who they meet the opportunity to become, once again, an essence of either desire or not.
Walking the path of each existence allows each one that desires, a choice, and in these choices comes the callings that bring about changes that relate to this and future existences.
As each of you become, once again “renewed”, know that as the lavender the truth lies not in the beauty but the essence…Not in the maintenance but in the renewal.
Be as before, but be as always… renewed, loved and united in this path you desire.
For all exist now and forever and all shall grow.
Like the plants that are nourished, so are we all… But existence comes when acceptance is renewed.
Accept the love that grows within us all.
Acceptance of things shall begin only if you desire to be all that you have become… Not today, not tomorrow, but in each lifetime.
For love expounds and with it, the reality of all that is.
Emerge, young ones.
As each grows, as the seeds are sown, each begins again…
Renewal… as love, light that radiates from above, below and through all things.
We remain, The Ancients of the Lavender.* * * * *
Lavender – Revised, June 27, 2003The lavender awakens each year and through this awakening comes the beginning of a new life.
Soft and smelling sweet, the long hard winter is forgotten and the new life of the lavender begins again.
Once more there are lessons to be learned, not only by the lavender but also by every person on this earth.
Just as each person, when they are ready, feels they are connected to every living thing, they like the lavender begin to remember. They bloom again, new and reborn in each lifetime… but still they hold inside, what they learned before.
Just as the lavender, blooming season after season, each person begins his life again, lifetime after lifetime.
When the life of the lavender is renewed once more, the sweet smell is released, just like the sweetness of life is released for you in your world.
Life begins once more, giving each person the opportunity to become, once again, either someone that is wanted and needed in this new life or someone that is not.
The roads you take in each life allow every person that wants it a choice. With these choices come the opportunities to bring about the changes that will affect both this life and the lives to come.
As each of you is reborn, remember that like the lavender, whose oil is used in healing, it is not its beauty that is important but what it gives to the world.
It is the same for all of you. It is not how you look, but is how you choose to spend this lifetime and what you can give to your fellow man.
You can be like you were before, but first begin each lifetime with more love and more purpose. With these things you can achieve what you want.
Everyone lives through lifetime after lifetime and in each one they grow a bit more.
Like the plants, we are all given what we need to survive. To truly live and to love, we must accept that life is what we alone make of it and that love must grow within us all.
You will only be able to accept these things, if you want to be everything you have become, not only today or tomorrow but in each lifetime.
Remember that love is everything, now and forever and that love is the only thing that is truly real.
Begin again, young ones. Like the seeds of the lavender that are spread in the fall and bloom in summer, you too will bloom again. You too will live again.
As each of you grows and lives your lives, each starts over and is born again.
Be like the LOVE that glows from above, below and through all things.
We remain, The Ancients of the Lavender. * * * * *
The idea of birth, death, and rebirth is not new. In fact it is probably the most accepted concept in the world today. Still, when it is explained through the eyes of the lavender it seems almost magical. The choices we make and the paths we choose are there, lifetime after lifetime. We need only to recognize this and try to do our best in the lifetime we have chosen.
In this reading as in all the readings I have received, the underlying message is love. As they said…To truly live and to love, we must accept that life is what we alone make of it and that love must grow within us all.
It seems as if the Elemental world and ours really do have a lot in common, don’t you think?
I left Findhorn with a new purpose. This was not only a search for what The Elemental World did but also the answer to the question of how to make their message available to everyone. It would be a long road but certainly a very interesting and enlightening one.
As you will see, I continue to return to Scotland and to Findhorn. Perhaps this is because this is where it all started or maybe it’s just that the connection with the Nature Spirits is so much more intense there. I really don’t know. I just hope that you continue to read what they have to say.